This issue we’ve transformed the comforting flavours of oatmeal cookies and fresh local roasted coffee into a spectacular cocktail. Each ingredient plays a vital role to the flavour profile of the cocktail.
Put all our ingredients together for a great winter cocktail.
- Demerara Brown Sugar – Demerara brown sugar adds a subtle sweetness to your drink, with a medium coarseness that allows it to be easily rimmed on the glass.
- 1/2 fl oz Baileys Irish Cream Liqueur – The quintessential liqueur of after-dinner drinks, Baileys adds a creaminess to your coffee, with a slight presence of its Irish-whiskey base.
- 1/2 fl oz Phillips Butter Ripple Schnapps – Butter Ripple Schnapps adds a sugary, butterscotch flavour to your drink, replicating the butter and sugar that goes into baking an oatmeal cookie.
- 1/2 fl oz Goldschlager – Known for its distinctive gold flakes, but it’s the cinnamon flavour this Swiss liqueur has that makes it the perfect complement to the other liqueurs.
- Local Roasted Coffee – Use one cup of locally roasted coffee for optimal freshness and flavour. A lighter roast would be desirable so it doesn’t overpower the flavours of the liqueurs in this specific drink.
- Whipped Cream – This is an obvious choice. Add a little bit of white sugar and vanilla extract to sweeten the whipped cream and enhance the overall flavour of the coffee.
- Oatmeal Cookie – A finely crumbled oatmeal cookie is the perfect garnish (esthetics and taste-wise) on top of your specialty coffee … it’s dessert and your drink all in one!
Warm Me Ups
When it is cold and snowing outside, just add a splash of one of these liqueurs to a cup of coffee. They make a great winter warm me up.