Kathy Jollimore | Cooking Class
Take the work out of dinner with this rich and creamy pasta prepared in one pot. For a lightened version, substitute up to one cup of the cream with chicken stock.
One Pot Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Prep Time: Less than 30 minutes
Total Time: Less than 1 hour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 oz dry penne
- 4 oz spinach, chiffonade (see Here’s How)
- 1/3 cup parmesan, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots 5 min until soft. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add sundried tomatoes, stock, cream and pasta. Bring to a boil. Stir to submerge pasta. Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until sauce is thick and pasta is al dente. Add remaining ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Here’s How: Chiffonade
- Stack spinach leaves with the stem pointing up.
- Starting from the top, roll the leaves together into a tight tube.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the spinach into strips.
Occasions recommends: Bolla Soave Classico Retro, Italy, $18.99
Next week: Kathy heads to central Italy for some food and wine pairing inspiration.