In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots. Cook until translucent. Add the garlic and scallions, cooking another 2 minutes. Add in the cream, cream cheese and smoked paprika. Simmer until thick and creamy. Add in the lobster meat, all but 2 tablespoons of the cheese and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into an oven safe dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Broil 5 minutes until browned and bubbly. Serve with fresh or toasted baguette.
Shell a Lobster
1. Twist claws and adjoining arms to remove them from the body. Twist off the arms from the claws.
2. Using a heavy knife or lobster cracker, crack the claws. Pull out the claw meat. Cut the arms at the joints and remove the meat using a lobster pick or your fingers.
3. Twist the tail from the body to remove it. Suck the meat and juices from the legs if desired. The body also contains tomalley, roe if it's a female, and rib meat. Seperate the feathery shells from the ribs to obtain the meat.
4. Using scissors or your fingers, cut the tail along the softer underside. Using both hands, pull open the tail to reveal the meat.
5. Pull out the tail meat in one piece. If desired, suck the meat and juices out of the tail flaps.