This easy grilled bread recipe, covered in salty olive tapenade and Gruyère cheese, is the perfect summer appetizer.
Grilled Olive and Cheese Bread
Prep Time: Less than 30 minutes
Total Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 1 baguette, halved lengthwise
- Olive Tapenade (see Here’s How)
- 2 cups Gruyère, shredded
Directions: Heat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high heat. Spread the baguette with tapenade and cover with cheese. Grill, covered, until the bread is crisp and cheese is bubbly.
1. Remove the pits from 1 cup black olives.
2. Soak 1/4 cup dates in just enough boiling water to cover for 10 minutes.
Add the olives, dates, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons capers, 2 anchovies and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a food processor.
Process until all ingredients are finely chopped.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add in 1/4 cup parsley and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Pulse until combined. Season with pepper.
Kathy creates a seasonally inspired recipe.
Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, New Zealand $22.99