Baking ricotta in the oven along with herbs, garlic and sharp Parmesan cheese creates a warm, creamy dip that’s perfect for easy entertaining. Paired with spicy oven roasted tomatoes, it is a delicious way to use up the last of the season’s crop. Make the spicy oven roasted tomatoes the night before, or on the weekend, to make this a quick and easy weekday dinner idea.
Baked Ricotta with Spicy Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Prep Time: Less than 30 minutes
Total Time: Less than 30 minutes
- 454 g. ricotta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, finely shredded
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
Directions: Preheat oven to 400°F. Whisk together the ricotta, cheese, herbs, garlic, and egg until smooth. Spoon into a 2 cup casserole dish or large ramekin. Bake until puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes depending on the size of the dish. Let cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Oven Roasted Tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 300F. Core and quarter 10 small tomatoes. Line a baking sheet with foil. Sprinkle tomatoes with 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
2. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Arrange skin-side down on the baking sheet.
3. Roast until very soft, about 2 1/2 – 3 hours. Press the tomatoes lightly. Scrape the bottom of the sheet mixing all the juices back into the tomatoes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Kathy continues in our series of Italian-inspired recipes with a dish to match a Barbera from Piedmont in Northern Italy.
- Velenosi Verdicchio, Italy $17.29